Lash Curler 101
Whether you're a lash curler pro or a freaked out first-timer, this blog is for you. You'll learn everything you need to know for long, lifted lashes that last.
How to curl - Step by Step
1. Open the curler wide and place along your upper lash line. Pause to ensure that all of your lashes are within the opening and that your eyelid skin is free. Wiggle the curler a bit to ensure the curler is right at the base of the lashes.
2. Half close the curler before fully closing to ensure you’re in the right position.
3. Gently press the curler closed and hold for 10-30 seconds. For additional lift, ‘pump’ the curler open and closed for an additional 10-15 seconds.
4. Apply mascara immediately after curling. Curl one side, then apply mascara. Then move to the next eye, curl that side, and apply mascara.
5. Store your Curl & Lift Lash Curler in its satin bag to preserve the matte black finish & keep the curling pads clean and free from dust or debris.
PRO TIPS & TRICKS
1. For maximum curl that lasts (and if you have time): curl your lashes in 3 spots - at the very base of your lashes, in the middle of your lashes, and near the end. This will create the most dramatic, yet gradual curl.
2. To vary the amount of curl: experiment with how much pressure you are applying to the curler. For a more dramatic curl, press slightly harder. For a less intense curl, press down lightly.
How to choose your curler
Many curlers are built for specific eye shapes. Try to choose one that is either designed specifically for your shape (almond, round, hooded, etc.) or select a curler that is suited for a larger spectrum of eye shapes. We designed our curler with a more universal curve to fit virtually every shape of eye and length of lash.
It’s essential that your curler comes with a high quality, rounded cushion. This helps protect your lashes and ensure a gradual, but lasting curl.
Look for a curler that is comfortable to hold and fits comfortably against your eyelid.
A good curler should last years and years, potentially a lifetime. If constructed with quality materials and cared for by the user, this is one beauty item you won’t have to replace.
What you should replace fairly often: the rubber pads. When you start to see a defined crease in the pad, and the rounded top has flattened, replace with a fresh one. Our Curl & Lift Lash Curler comes with an additional pad and you can buy extras here.
Images: @theworkinggirl & @cpineaarphoto
Check the company’s website + other retailers to see what different demographics of people think of the product. For our curler, see reviews on our top retailer’s sites like Detox Market and Nordstrom.
Our Curl & Lift Lash Curler
Lash Care Advice
The most important factor for a great lash curl is to keep your lashes healthy! The more supple and strong your lashes are, the better they will curl and resist any damage from tools or the environment.
For optimum lash health:
- Remove your makeup every night with a gentle makeup remover. Press down gently with the pad and avoid rubbing your lashes.
- Use a lash serum to not only grow, thicken, and multiply your lashes, but also to strengthen, hydrate, and improve their elasticity. Our Lash & Brow Enhancing Serum does all of this + is 100% natural, non-toxic, and always cruelty-free.
We hope you found this blog helpful in your lash curling journey! If you have any questions or more tips & tricks, we'd love to hear from you! Comment below or send us a message on IG @plumescience <3
-The Plume Team